AMP Research PowerStep
|Select Sale Save $200 on select AMP Research Original PowerSteps with Plug-N-Play! Offer ends December 11th, 2023 (Excludes models without Plug-N-Play)|
|Made in the USA|
- The electric retractable running board that started it all
- Sturdy aluminum construction prevents rust and corrosion
- Textured black powder-coat
- Massive 6" wide step surface
- Textured surface provides excellent traction
- Features LED lighting system
- Includes vehicle specific mounting kit
- Mounts to rocker panel
- Plug-N-Play harness connects with OBDII port on newer vehicles
- Professional installation is encouraged
- 5-year limited warranty
The AMP Research PowerStep offers many helpful features not found on traditional running board designs. The board drops down automatically when you open a door on your Bronco, offering a significantly lower step than standard running boards. Once you've stepped up or down and closed your door, the board retracts underneath your ride, which keeps it from interfering with ground clearance. An anti-pinch feature is built in to prevent the boards from closing on top of any obstruction. The boards themselves are 6-inches wide, providing an extra-wide step that's perfect for anyone to use. For one of the most convenient running boards on the market, choose the AMP Research PowerStep.
|MADE IN AMERICA||Yes|
Cleaning your PowerStep
In adverse conditions, debris such as mud, dirt, and salt may become trapped in the running board mechanism, possibly leading to unwanted noise, or binding.
Prepare for cleaning
Manually set the running boards to deploy: The running boards can be manually set in the deployed position by opening the door, and then place your foot on the step. Leave firm pressure with your foot on the step while you close the door. This will leave your steps in the deployed position.
How to maintain your steps:
Using a pressure washer to clean the front and rear linkages which are all 4 hinge points for your PowerSteps. Avoid spraying the motors directly.
After washing, apply silicone spray (dry Film lubricant) only, to all 4 linkage arms and all pivot pins, some of these pins will be located up high on the linkage arm as well. Then cycle the door to work the lubrication in to the hinge points.
Do not apply silicone, wax, or protectants like Armor All® to the running board. Do not lubricate with any greases, oils, WD-40, or penetrants.
This cleaning should be done periodically, or when debris such as mud, dirt or salt becomes trapped in the running board mechanism.
Each AMP Research power step includes a vehicle-specific mounting kit, providing all bracketry and hardware for a complete installation. As with any project involving wiring, professional installation is recommended. For additional assistance, consider checking out our installation videos below.
How to Install AMP Research PowerStep Xtreme Running Boards
How to Install AMP Research Power Step on a 2020 Ram 2500
5-Year Limited Warranty
- What is Covered: All defects in materials or workmanship on select AMP Research branded products properly installed per provided instructions except those listed below under the Three Year Warranty. This warranty does not apply to any product from AMP Research direct or indirect subsidiaries.
- For How Long: This warranty, and any implied warranties including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, lasts five years from the date of purchase. The warranty expires if the product is removed from the original vehicle or if the original vehicle is transferred to another owner. The warranty is not transferable from the original purchaser.
- What These Warranties Will Not Cover: These warranties doe not cover any damage, defect, or malfunction caused by misuse, abuse, accident, improper installation, modification, improper or inadequate maintenance, or on-road and offroad hazards. Incidental and consequential damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some states or providence do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
- What AMP Research Will Do: During the applicable warranty period listed above, AMP Research will, at its option, either repair or replace any defective product at no additional charge. You must pay any labor charges associated with removing or reinstalling the product. If a specific product has been discontinued, AMP Research may, at its option, replace your product with a current product of comparable function and value.